What's a QR code?
A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background.
This unique bar code (known as a QR code) lets customers - and potential customers - instantly learn more about a business, by visiting a mobile version of the business' Place Page on any supported phone. Here's more on how it works and what you can do with it:
- Make sure your phone can scan a QR code with its camera, either with an application that you download or via software that's already installed on your phone. To find out what application to use for your phone, we recommend doing a Google search for the model of your phone along with "QR reader".
- When you see a QR code, use your phone's application to scan it. If you're scanning a QR code on one of the window decals to thousands of U.S. businesses, you'll quickly be taken to that business' mobile Place Page on Google, where you can:
- Read reviews to see what other users think about the business
- Find an offer that the business has posted to their Place Page
- Star the business to remember to check it out later, or to remember to visit again
- Leave a review right after you leave the business. What's a better time to write what you think, than when you've just visited?
Sample of QR Code on Business Card